A Step By Step Guide To Hosting A Party
Did your family vote for you to host the holiday party this year? Although the holiday’s are a time to get together and enjoy each other’s company, the pressure of preparing the party can surely overwhelm you. Here are some tips to guide you in creating an impressive table using simple materials and serving pieces. Your guests will be blown away at your creativity!
- When arranging the table, be sure to add heights at each end of the table and one for the centerpiece. Heights definitely make a nice impression while maximizing the beauty of what you put on it. For the centerpiece, you can use a flower arrangement or anything else you’d like but make sure it is given the most height. You can use glass sheets perched on a tall vase to turn your centerpiece into something grandiose.
- Surprise Corner – wrap some boxes with pretty ribbons to add to your theme and place them anywhere on your table. You can throw some treats or prizes inside, and the children will have a grand time!
- Try stacking two inexpensive cake trays and displaying your miniature cakes or cupcakes on top. The double height will give your cake the attention it deserves.
- Create a side table with a salad bar. Take three glass sheets and place them each at different heights, close enough together that they resemble a circular staircase. Then set out your vegetables in nice glass bowls. Place vegetables (lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, onions, avocado, corn, pickles, olives…) on one side of the table and salad dressings and toppings (such as croutons, nuts, cranberries…) on the other side of the table. Set out bowls or plates with forks and your guests can create their favorite salad. You can do the same idea with fruits. Cut up different kinds of fruits (kiwi, mango, pomegranate pineapple…) and place them in small cups where your guests can just take a cup to enjoy.
- To set up your paper goods looking neat and professional, take a long narrow vase and place your paper goods inside. This will enhance your table decor while giving the paper goods a neat and contained appearance.
- Last but not least, the key to a successful party is to prepare well. When choosing which dishes to make, decide on recipes that are easy to prepare and that can be made in advance. Your guests want a happy hostess who is not too exhausted to participate in the fun so once your done preparing, sit back and enjoy!